Friday, February 23, 2018

Side Trip

Decided to take a side trip while we were in the area. It was just 35 miles west on the road back home. We went to Goliad Mission.
 
It was a rainy day but we stopped anyway and took in some history. The sidewalk in front of the mission is an uphill climb and yes I did it and it took a lot out of me. I had to rest under on of the arches to the museum.
from here I could see the courtyards.
I went into the museum and walked around a bit. Dad took pictures and we have a picture of a model of the mission. An old canon.
 

It was really interesting to see all the things they've actually found.  I couldn't make it out to the work buildings or ground area but dad took pictures for me.
forge and bellows
craft loom
typical soldiers room
and dad just had to have some funnies
 

That helmet was HEAVY





1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks so fun. Might be a trip to make for the kids.

    ReplyDelete